Skip to main content

HAPPINESS COMES FROM GIVING

nice story copied from someone....:-)
 
 
A rich lady went to visit a counsellor to seek out happiness. The counsellor instead of counselling her directly, called over the old lady who cleaned the office floors. The counsellor then said to the rich lady "I'm going to ask Mary here  to tell you how she found happiness. All I want you to do is listen to her."
 
So the old cleaning woman  put down her broom and sat on a chair and told her story: "Well, my husband died of malaria and three months later  my only son was killed by a car. I had nobody.. I had nothing left. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I never smiled at anyone, I even thought of taking my own life.
 
Then one evening a little kitten followed me home from work. Somehow I felt sorry for that kitten. It was cold outside, so I decided to let the kitten in. I got it some milk and the kitten licked the plate clean.
 
Then it purred and rubbed against my leg and for the first time in months, I smiled. Then I stopped to think, if helping a little kitten could make me smile, maybe doing something for people could make me happy. So the next day I baked some biscuits and took them to a neighbour who was sick in bed.
 
Every day I tried to do something nice for someone. It made me so happy to see them happy. Today, I don't know of anybody who sleeps and eats better than I do. I've found happiness, by giving it to others."
 
When she heard that, the rich lady cried. She had everything that money could buy, but she had lost the things which money cannot buy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

navratri pamphlet page1

kARTHIK PURNIMA SPL ANNAABHISHEKAM

FIRST TIME EVER Karthik Purnima Spl ANNABHISHEKAM What are the symbolic aspects of rice in AnnaAbhishekam? Rice in Anna Abhishekam represents the life-giving force and the interconnectedness of all elements. As rice develops from seed to grain, it absorbs the essence of earth, water, sunlight, and air, symbolizing a divine journey that sustains all beings. This offering to Lord Shiva underscores rice’s sacred place in the cycle of life and emphasizes the belief that the mind and spirit are shaped by the purity of what one consumes. Covering the Shiva Lingam with rice during the ritual reflects reverence for the sustenance that nurtures both body and soul. Annaabhishekam is believed to provide following benefits: Abundance of food  Enhanced memory power  Prosperity in agriculture  Business prosperity  Offer Sankalpa Online/Offline : vdst.in/kma 15th Nov | 5.30 PM Devi Hall, Gurukul, Bangalore Join Group vdst.in/whatsapp Vaidic Dharma Sansthan  📞953818684

HOW TO INCREASE POSITIVE ENERGY IN OUR HOUSE.....

HOW TO INCREASE POSITIVE ENERGY IN OUR HOUSE..... 1) Open all windows in the house and allow fresh air and sunshine to enter the house. Free flowing air and sun are negative energy removers 2. Dispose of all the old unwanted things lying in the house. Clutter is a negativity magnet. It attracts and accumulates negative energy in the house. 3). Walking barefoot in the house helps all your negative energy to be absorbed by the earth. Grounding is important to keep the energy balance in our body. 4) In the olden days, footwears were kept out of the house. People used to enter the house only after washing feet with water. This action ensures that all the negativity remains outside or are grounded by earth and does not enter the house. Now it has become difficult to keep the footwear outside. So preferably remove them near the entrance door. 5) Go out in the open air. Take walks in the garden or open ground. Being amongst nature re-energizes or charges you fully. 6) Sweeping ...