Friday, October 17, 2014

four wives

FOUR WIVES............



 > Once upon a time there was a rich King who had four wives.


> He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her



 > to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best.



 >



 > He also loved the 3rd wife very much and was always showing her off to



 > neighboring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day she would leave



 > him for another.



 >



 > He also loved his 2nd wife. She was his confidant and was always kind,



 > considerate and patient with him. Whenever the King faced a problem,



 > he could confide in her, and she would help him get through the



 > difficult times.



 >



 > The King's 1st wife was a very loyal partner and had made great



 > contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdo! m. However, he did



 > not love the first wife. Although she loved him deeply, he hardly took



 > notice of her!!



 >



 > One day, the King fell ill and he knew his time was short. He thought



 > of his luxurious life and wondered, "I now have four wives with me,



 > but when I die, I'll be all alone."



 >



 > Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I have loved you the most, endowed you



 > with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that



 > I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!", replied



 > the 4th wife, and she walked away without another word. Her answer cut



 > like a sharp knife right into his heart.



 >



 > The sad King then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you all my life.



 > Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!",



 > replied the 3rd wife. "Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to



 > remarry!" His heart sank and turned cold.



 >



 > He then asked the 2nd wife, "I have always turned to you for help and



 > you've always bee! n there for me. When I die, will you follow me and



 > keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this t ime!",



 > replied the 2nd wife. " At the very most, I can only walk with you to



 > your grave." Her answer struck him like a bolt of lightning, and the



 > King was devastated.



 >



 > Then a voice called out: "I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter



 > where you go." The King looked up, and there was his first wife. She



 > was very skinny and frail and not pretty at all, as a matter of fact



 > she looked very homely from neglect. Greatly grieved, the King said,



 > "I should have taken



 > much better care of you when I had the chance!"



 >



 >



 > In truth, we all have the 4 wives in our lives:



 >



 > Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we ! lavish





 > in making it look good, it will leave us when we die.



 >



 > Our 3rd wife is our possessions, statu! s and wealth. When we die, it



 > will all go to others.



 >



 > Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have



 > been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the



 > grave.



 >



 > And our 1st wife is our Soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth,



 > power and pleasures of the world. Ho wever, our Soul is the only thing



 > that will follow us wherever we go.



 >



 > Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of



 > us that will follow us to the throne of God and continue with us



 > throughout Eternity.




 > Thought for the day:


 >


 > Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the



 > perfect position to pray.

No comments: