Skip to main content

I AM A MOTHER

I Am A Mother
The Officer At The Driving License Counter Asked The Lady
 " What is Your Occupation ? "

The Woman Seeking Renewal Of Her License Seemed To Be Puzzled.
So The Officer Said
" Ma'am, Are You Employed,
Have Your Own Business Or........

The Woman Replied
 " Oh, Yes !!
I Have A Full Time Occupation.
I Am A Mother "

Officer : " We Don't Have ' Mother ' As An Option For Occupation.
I Will Write it Down As ' Housewife '.
That Takes Care Of All Questions."

This Had Happened Long Ago,
And Was Forgotten.Years Later When I Went To Get My License,The Public Relations Officer Was A Somewhat Pompous. Woman.

" Your Occupation ? "
She Asked in A Rather Authoritative Tone.

I Just Had An inspiration And Replied
" I Am A Researcher in The Field Of Child Development, Nutrition And Inter-Personal Relationships "

The Lady Officer Stared At Me in Amazement.
I Calmly Repeated My Statement And She Wrote it Down Verbatim.
Then, Unable To Conceal Her Curiosity,
She Politely Asked
" What Exactly Do You Do in Your Profession, Ma'am ? "

 I Was Feeling Good About Having Described My Occupation So Calmly And Confidently.
So I Replied
" My Research Projects Have Been Going On For A Number Of Years
 ( Mothers Never Retire !! ).
 
My Research is Conducted in The Laboratory As Well As in The Field.
I Have Two Bosses.
(One is God and the other is my entire family).
I Have Received Two Honours in This Field.
(A son and a daughter) 
My Topic is Considered To Be The Most Difficult Part Of Sociology.
( All Moms will Agree!! ).
I Have To Work More Than 14 Hours Every Day.
 Sometimes Even 24 Hours Are Not Enough And The Challenges Are Tougher Than Many Other Professions.
My Compensation is in Terms Of Mental Satisfaction Rather Than Money "
   
I Could See That The Officer Was Thoroughly impressed.

After Completing The Licensing Formalities,
She Came To The Door To See Me Off.

This New Viewpoint About My Occupation Made Me Feel Much Better On My Way Back Home.
 
I Was Welcomed By My 5 Year Old Research Assistant At The Door.
My New Project (My 6 Month old Baby) Was Energetically Practicing Her ' Music '.

I Had Earned A Small Victory Over The Governmental Red Tape Today.
I Was No Longer ' Merely A Mother ',
instead I Was Now A Highly Placed
Functionary in A Service Vital For Mankind -Motherhood !!

' Mother ' - Isn't it A Great Title.
Fit To Be Added To The Nameplate On The Door !!
 
By This Standard, Grandmothers Deserve To Be Called Senior Research Officers,And Great Grandmothers Qualify As ' Research Directors '.
Aunts And Other Ladies Of That Age Group Can Be Called ' Research Facilitators '

Please Share This With All Mothers, Grandmothers, Great Grandmothers,
All Ladies Currently Holding Posts Like
Didi - Tai - Chachi - Mami - Mausi - Bua ......
They Will All Shower You With Blessings And Life Will Be Happier.

 
All Husbands, Fathers, Please Note.
They Must Read !!!!
 
****************************
Thanks & Regards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

navratri pamphlet page1

kARTHIK PURNIMA SPL ANNAABHISHEKAM

FIRST TIME EVER Karthik Purnima Spl ANNABHISHEKAM What are the symbolic aspects of rice in AnnaAbhishekam? Rice in Anna Abhishekam represents the life-giving force and the interconnectedness of all elements. As rice develops from seed to grain, it absorbs the essence of earth, water, sunlight, and air, symbolizing a divine journey that sustains all beings. This offering to Lord Shiva underscores rice’s sacred place in the cycle of life and emphasizes the belief that the mind and spirit are shaped by the purity of what one consumes. Covering the Shiva Lingam with rice during the ritual reflects reverence for the sustenance that nurtures both body and soul. Annaabhishekam is believed to provide following benefits: Abundance of food  Enhanced memory power  Prosperity in agriculture  Business prosperity  Offer Sankalpa Online/Offline : vdst.in/kma 15th Nov | 5.30 PM Devi Hall, Gurukul, Bangalore Join Group vdst.in/whatsapp Vaidic Dharma Sansthan  📞953818684

The most valuable thing in life is time

A wise old man was asked by a young boy, "What is the most valuable thing in life?" The old man replied, "It is not money, nor is it fame or power. The most valuable thing in life is time." The boy was puzzled. "Time?" he asked. "Why time?" The old man smiled. "Because time is the one thing that we all have in equal measure, but it is also the one thing that we can never get back once it is lost. Every moment we waste is gone forever. Every moment we use wisely is a gift to ourselves and to others." The boy thought about this for a moment. "But what about money?" he asked. "Can't we just buy more time with money?" The old man chuckled. "No, my young friend," he said. "Money can buy us things, but it cannot buy us more time. And even if it could, what would be the point of having all the time in the world if we did not have the wisdom to use it well?" The boy nodded, beginning to understand. ...